The kindergarten is situated on Boon Wurrung land and is part of the Kulin Nation. We acknowledge the traditional owners of this land, the Boon Wurrung people and pay our respects to its elders both past and present on whose land the kindergarten stands for they hold the memories, the traditions, the culture and hopes of Indigenous Australians. The kindergarten is strongly committed to ensuring that the program fosters Indigenous children to feel proud of their heritage and culture and for non-indigenous children, families and staff to gain a greater understanding and respect for this culture.
At TRY South Yarra Pre-School we pride ourselves on presenting an innovative, exciting program that enables children to grow, learn and develop in a supportive, nurturing and stimulating environment. We view children as powerful and capable and we aim to promote children’s voices and interests in our program. We believe that children learn through their relationships with family, teachers, peers, the environment and their community. We aim to provide a safe space for children to explore, create and develop respectful relationships.
The outdoor setting of the kindergarten is a very important part of our program. We believe the outdoor play area offers equal learning opportunities and the outdoor environment is carefully planned and set up to support and encourage all aspects of children’s learning; for this reason we run an indoor/outdoor program.
Building positive and caring relationships form the basis of our work at this centre. We believe that children learn through relationships with people, places and the environment and that these relationships are built on trust and respect. Our kindergarten is committed to social justice and ensuring that all children have the right to quality services and programs.
In our work with the children we believe:
- Children learn through relationships, people, places and the environment.
- Children learn through active participation.
- Children learn through play, our program is play based and is built on children’s strengths and interests.
- Every child has the right to experience an environment that supports and fosters their full potential where they are cherished, treated fairly and respectfully and where their relationships are built on trust and respect.
- Every child has the right to be an individual and to be respected and cherished for who they are.
South Yarra Preschool
Horace Petty Housing Estate, Rear of 259 Malvern Road, South Yarra, Victoria, 3141, Australia
PH: 03 9804 7569
For Fees, Enrolments and
03 8545 9514
Programming and Staff Support
0477 008 294