Dedication Inclusion Sustainability Community Love of Learning
At Sundowner Kindergarten:
- We are dedicated to ensure a holistic approach to the health, safety and wellbeing of every child – guided by best practice, EYLF, VEYLF, NQS and ongoing self-reflection.
- We believe all children have the right to inclusive equal opportunities, resources and adult interaction regardless of their race, gender or culture. We respect each child as unique beings, and celebrate children’s individuality, efforts and achievements.
- We are committed to caring and sustaining the physical environment with an emphasis on natural and sustainable resources that reflect the local community and families. This practice is embedded into everyday experiences with the children through recycling, re-using and composting.
- We are committed to the local community and pride ourselves on having an environment with warm, trusting, respectful relationships with the children and their families.
- Our program is guided by the knowledge that children thrive in a stimulating environment where they are supported, encouraged and empowered to take risks, make decisions, develop independence and feel a sense of belonging and ownership. We believe children learn when given opportunities to explore, investigate, experiment and play. We strive to develop a foundation for a future love of learning.