Our Kindergarten opened in 1954 and is nestled within a quiet suburban street. The classrooms have high ceilings and large windows which provide natural light and lead directly out to the children’s garden. The children’s garden comprises of well-established trees, shrubs, plants plus rocks, logs, dirt, sand and water. Our staff team hold a variety of early childhood qualifications and bring with them a wealth of diverse knowledge and lived experiences.
- We value and respect children as individual people with rights. We view all children as confident and capable citizens of the world and successful learners.
- We value and respect the role families and communities play in children’s learning and development.
- We value and respect the role teachers & educators play in children’s learning and development.
- We value and respect both our natural and built learning environments.
Our aim is to build innovative and collaborative play base early childhood education and care programs that are fun, positive and harmonious. To achieve this aim, children, families, teachers/educators and the wider community that the kindergarten is located in are supported to build safe, secure, respectful, reciprocal and strong partnerships with each other by:
- Adopting a zero tolerance to child abuse and commitment to child safety
- Valuing and embracing the diversity of each person’s knowledge and lived experiences in respectful and equitable ways.
- Ensuring that all programs are embedded within the Victorian and National Early Childhood Frameworks.
- Actively caring for and connecting to our natural world.
Italian Kindergarten at North West Brunswick Kindergarten is unique.It is not just an Italian class – it is a full 15 hour bilingual preschool program.
Our Italian Kindergarten program includes Italian cultural traditions and language, while also preparing children for school. It follows the national curriculum framework, embedding language learning into preschool learning through play. There is no need to attend another preschool program. The teacher for Italian Kindergarten is a qualified Early Childhood Teacher and native Italian speaker.
Our Italian Kindergarten is open to all children eligible for preschool and we welcome non-Italian families as well as those with Italian heritage.
Italian Kindergarten qualifies for the preschool subsidy, which keeps fees low.
If you would like to know more about Italian Kindergarten, please email Paola.Perosa@try.org.au or ring 03 9386 5676 and ask to speak with Paola.
North West Brunswick Kindergarten also offers a single session Italian class which is open to children aged 3-5.