Harbard St Kindergarten currently facilitates two 4 year old kindergarten groups. Each group attends for a total of 15 hours per week. Red Group attends Monday & Wednesday from 8:30am-4pm and Blue Group attends Tuesday, Thursday & Friday from 8:30am-1:30pm.
Our program is guided by the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework and emerges from the interests, passions and interactions of the children that attend. We know learning and developing can only happen when;
- A child feels safe and cared for
- A child is allowed to participate at their own level
- An environment is aesthetically pleasing
- A child is able to feel ownership over their environment
- A child feels respected
- Children and teachers work collaboratively
- A child is allowed periods of uninterrupted play and discovery
- A child is allowed to be spontaneous
At Harbard St Kindergarten we have a lovely big outside area in which the children are able to run, climb, ride bikes, explore, dig and most importantly get dirty. Our area inside is also very spacious which allows for lots of lovely interactions. Even though we have lovely spaces we love to get out and about in our community. We conduct excursions to four of our local primary schools, which are all within a 20min walking distance. Also within walking distance is our local Library.