Find a TRY Service near you

Before you enrol

Enrolments for 2020 are currently open.
Enrolments for 2021 open on 14th April 2020

Application forms are available at any of our kindergartens
Alternatively you can visit the kindergarten page you are interested in by clicking on the Find a TRY Service Near You – Kindergartens link (at the bottom of this page). There you will be either able to download an enrolment form to fill in and mail to TRY or complete the application to enrol online.

Do you need assistance?

• If you need assistance filling in the form in either format, contact TRY Children’s Services on (03) 8545 9500
• Take a few minutes to read through this guide to make sure that you have everything that you need before you start, for a smoother enrolment!
• If you would like additional information or details which are not included in this guide, such as local Kindergarten information, please see our website or contact us.

Before you start….

The following information is essential for completing either the online enrolment or the hardcopy version.
Please gather this information before you start.

The online enrolment form needs to be completed in full in order to be submitted.
You cannot save the form and return to it at a later date.

The documents you will need are:

• Proof of age (Birth certificate or Passport)
• Immunisation History Statement

An Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) will be the only documentation accepted by early childhood education and care services for the purposes of confirming a child’s enrolment in their service. The statement must show that their child:

  • Is up to date with vaccinations for their age OR
  • Is on a recognised vaccine catch-up schedule OR
  • Has a medical condition preventing them from being fully vaccinated.

Documents produced by GPs or other immunisation providers or copies made from the child’s health book will no longer be acceptable as proof of immunisation.

You can print a copy of your child’s Immunisation History Statement from your myGov account. If you have difficulty getting a copy via your myGov account you can:

  • Call the AIR on phone 1800 653 809
  • Visit a visit a Medicare or Centrelink office

Families who do not hold a Medicare card must call the AIR to request an Immunisation History Statement. A Translating and Interpreting Service is available by calling 131 450, Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:45pm

When do I need to pay and how much?

You will need to pay a $15 lodgement fee when you enrol. You can pay this online.

Early Start Kinder:
If your three year old child is Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander or has been supported by Child Protection or Child FIRST, they may be eligible for up to 15 hours of a free or low cost kindergarten program if there are places available. Please contact us if you believe your child may be eligible for the Early Start Program.

Kindergarten Fees
Fees vary from Kindergarten to Kindergarten. These will be indicated on the letter of offer once they are finalised.

How will I know if my child gets a place?

Enrolment Confirmation
A confirmation of enrolment will be emailed from august onward if successful. Offers of a place will be mailed to all families.

Accepting the Place
In order to secure your child’s place it’s important that all documentation has been submitted. Preferences for group times will be collected at this time.

What happen’s next?

Kindergarten Orientation
Group confirmation will occur from November.
In November, your child’s kindergarten teacher will contact you with details of an information session.

An exciting year awaits you and your child!

Find a TRY Service near you